How we share information with third parties
We may share your personal information with certain third parties outside James Ware Stephenson. These may include:
- Third party agents/suppliers or contractors, bound by obligations of confidentiality, in connection with the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to, our outsourced bookkeepers and IT and communications service providers.
- Third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, counterparties to transactions or litigation, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities and governmental institutions.
- To the extent required by law, regulation or court order, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- Transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (Europe)
We use cloud computing to store and process data. Therefore, some of your personal information may be held outside the EEA. Also, we sometimes need to transfer your personal information outside Europe where for example, we are instructed on a transaction or litigation where one of the parties is based outside Europe or where our client is based outside Europe. Where we transfer your personal information outside Europe, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements applicable to the information. This can be done in a number of different ways, for instance:
- the country to which we send the personal information may be approved by the European Commission , or
- where the recipient is located in the US, it may be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances, the law may permit us otherwise to transfer your personal information outside Europe. In all cases, however, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to applicable data protection law.